There are two main categories of cookies:
- Persistent cookies are cookies saved on your computer and that are not deleted automatically when you quit your browser. A persistent cookie can be extended if you visit the same website before the cookies has been deleted from your device.
- Session cookies are temporarily stored on your device while you are visiting the website. Sessions cookies are deleted when you quit your browser.
On the City of Stockholm’s websites, there are cookies used by the website to function properly. You cannot opt out of essential cookies.
When you visit this website, you will be asked to accept cookies. Three cookies will be saved on your device to save your answer on accepting cookies. That way, you don’t have to re-enter them when browsing around the site. These are so called persistent cookies and will be stored on your device for one year.
The cookies are called
Choosing your own city district
Some parts of the site display information that is personalized depending on which district in Stockholm that has been selected. A session cookie is saved to enable the site to display information according to your choice. The session cookie will be deleted when you quit your browser.
The cookie is called district.
We use a cookie that will gather information about your IP-number. It will gauge the technical availability of the site and relay information of, for example, response time.
If you send or respond to a message or fill in an online form, that will also generate a session cookie. These cookies will automatically be deleted when you quit your browser.
The cookie is called session.
On the websites of the City of Stockholm, we use some cookies in order for you to use some additional functionality. The website will still function properly if you decline the use of preference cookies, but there is specific enhanced functionality of the site that cannot be accessed without them.
Save as favourites
On many websites of the City of Stockholm, different functions are presented on their own webpages. To be able to quickly return the most relevant parts of the site, you can save favourites on the site.
When you do so, the information will be stored locally in the same way a cookie is stored on your device. You can remove the local storage by removing your acceptance of preference cookies. You can also remove it by using the function to remove cookies in your browser.
There is a chat function on some of the City’s webpages. If you chose to use the chat, cookies will be enabled in order for the chat to work properly. These cookies are so-called third-party cookies and will be placed by our provider of the chat function. They are persistent cookies.
The cookies are
- imbox (session cookie)
- imboxInteraction (saved for 30 days)
- imboxStats (saved for 20 minutes)
- imboxuid (saved for one day).
We use an online analytics tool to gather information on how the users navigate our site. The tool is Piwik Pro. Different analytics cookies can be placed on your device depending on which parts of the site you use.
We use these purely for internal research on how we can improve the service we provide for all our users.
The cookies simply assess how you interact with our website – as an anonymous user. The data gathered does not identify you personally.
The cookies that may be placed on your device are:
- _pk_ses.<appID>.<domainHash> (saved for 30 minutes, but this period can be extended if your visit on the site is prolonged)
- _pk_id.<appID>.<domainHash> (saved for 13 months)
- _pk_cvar (saved for 30 minutes, but this period can be extended if your visit on the site is prolonged)
- app_id (saved for 365 days)
- _stg_debug/stg_debug (saved for 14 days)
- stg_traffic_source_priority (saved for 14 days)
- stg_last_interaction (saved for 365 days)
- stg_returning_visitor (saved for 365 days)
- stg_fired__<appID> (sessions cookie)
- stg_utm_campaign (sessions cookie)
- stg_pk_campaign (sessions cookie)
- stg_externalReferrer (sessions cookie)
- _stg_opt_out_simulate (saved for 365 days)
- _stg_optout (saved for 365 days)
- ppms_webstorage (locally stored, can easily be removed manually).
Removing analytical cookies
If you no longer wish to accept cookies for statistics and analytics to be placed on your device, you must remove them yourself. This is done by removing cookies from your browser.
Settings for cookies
You can manage how cookies from this website are used and stored on your device. This is done using the control panel for this page. You can choose how the website can store cookies, and you can also change your previous settings and preferences.